Friday, March 9, 2018

Thursday

Remember my microwave issue last summer.  The new one is having problems now.  Warranty is still good but the authorized service center won't work on one that is 'factory' warranty and says I need to take it back to the store, Best Buy.  Seriously.  OK so best buy tells me they can't fix that and to take it to the very same service center, there is NOTHING more they can do.  And they wonder why they are having economic issues?  


You can see the charring in that photo.

Finally got hold of someone from the manufacturer and after 3 phone calls they had me send them an email with some photos.  They were very concerned when I told them sparks were involved.  Seems liability issues get their attention.  So now we wait for their engineers to peruse my photos and determine what steps to take next.  May be a couple days before we hear back.  Best Buy can go out of business for all I care.  Poor customer service is their problem from my perspective.  At one time they got a lot of my business.  

Another one of my friends that has inspired me in my cancer attitude got some bad news.  Apparently they have found more lesions.  This is devastating to those close to her as we all knew and cared about the other lady that past away a couple weeks ago.  She was an inspiration to me and others.  Now this.  We had supper with her and a few close friends Thursday night to show our concern and care for her.  I will do my best to help her stay positive.  But she it that way every time I see her anyway.

Happy Trails



3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your friend(s)

Old NFO said...

Yep, Worstbuy needs to die a quick death... Thoughts and prayers for your friend.

Randy said...

thank you both