Monday, March 26, 2018

Weather Coming

This week is supposed to be wet.  Rain is coming Tuesday and should be here all week.  While that messes up some of my plans for a day trip or two to see the wildflowers, we have been in drought conditions since early December.  I am looking forward to this rain.  The tomato plants alway seem to get a kick start with the first rain.  I am hoping for the same this time as they have had little growth since I planted about two weeks ago.

I got up Monday morning with no real plans but as I started with the morning routine I remembered the impending rain.  There was a pile of dead vegetation I had removed from one of the flower beds.  There are a ton of oak leaves all around the place that needed to go away just for aesthetics.  by the time the wife got up an hour later I had accomplished a good amount of chores.  The dead vegetation was bagged up and hauled out for the morning trash pick up and the leaves that gather in a valley on the roof were removed.  The grass was cut in the back and the weed eater (started on the first pull, woo hoo) was used to trim it up.  More leaves were blown away from walk areas and just general clean up.  I was toast by this time.  My back was starting to tell me it didn't like yard work and my right arm started getting numb and weak from the issues in my stupid neck.  But I got most of the worst looking things done and the rain won't delay me now.  I can sit and relax and it isn't even noon.
Where did this energy come from?  I don't know.

Sunday was another emotional day.  Our preacher announced he is giving up full time preaching to seek a doctorate degree and head into an entirely new field of work.  I knew he was probably going to be leaving us so wasn't all that surprised.  But I am very disappointed that he chose to leave preaching.  He is a very talented preacher and had given me new things to think about that I hadn't considered before.  He was also very easy to listen to, that is such a great thing and rare in my experience with over 50 years of listening to numerous preachers.  I hate to think his talent for spreading the gospel will sit quiet.  I told him so and that I hope he would soon return to preaching full time.  

There are many other bad and emotional things going on within my community of friends and loved ones that just seem to keep on coming, illnesses, deaths, bad news about cancer in others.  It could be overwhelming.  Yet my faith sustains me.  I have the peace that passes all understanding.  I stand ready to help in anyway I can to those I care about in need.  What else are we here for than to serve?

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Faith is the strength that helps us deal with the daily grind. Hopefully the new preacher will be a good one!