Thursday, March 29, 2018

And The Rains Came

Just over 4 inches of Rain.  It appears that it is now over.  It won't be raining the rest of the week as they predicted.  The sun is supposed to be full bore today but I haven't seen it yet.  Still very cloudy.  
A couple days of full sun after this much rain and I should see some significant growth in my tomato garden.  It usually takes a good rain to jump start them and this is what I am hoping for as they have had almost no growth since I planted in about 3-4 weeks.  These rains should also bring the wildflowers into their peak.  Just in time for a couple road trips to view and photograph them.

K seems to have finally turned the corner on her illness.  She is feeling much better with less coughing although her beautiful singing voice is still very weak and I have considerable trouble hearing what she says.  Once we are sure she is over all this we will plan some day trips but that will probably next week.  Plenty of time for the wildflowers to get going.

The Live Oak pollen is as heavy as I have ever seen it.  There is yellow dust everywhere.  When it is breezy things seem a bit hazy also.  I don't ever remembers seeing that before.  We have about 50 oak trees on our place so we get more than our share of the stuff.

Ah, Springtime in the Hill Country of Texas, glorious.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad y'all got some rain! We only got 2 1/2 inches up here!