Monday, March 19, 2018

Ugh

Snot.  It is what is going on here.  It is very persistent with both of us.  K is now on an antibiotic and apparently now has 'pink eye' too, I assume the germs from her hands spread to her eye.  I have no infection but the residual is doing a job on me.  Coughing, hacking etc.  On top of that my back has been acting up.  It hurts to cough.  Sheesh. 

A friend has approached me about a couple leather holsters he wants made.  I generally use kits for these as I don't keep the heavy leather on hand since I don't use enough to warrant a purchase.  So I started browsing the suppliers website to see what was available.  Few kits were showing up, but now what I use for almost all the ones I use.  They had plenty of conceal carry but nothing else.  It got my conspiracy mind to working.  No, I don't think that is what is happening, if so why wouldn't all others be removed.  Maybe they just don't sell enough of those to warrant carrying them.  I have some patterns that will work, so now I have to consider buying the right leather I would need for these pistols.  I hate to do this, it will drive my costs up and my price will be much higher.  Not the way I want to operate doing this for fun and friends.  I will keep looking and may go by the outlet and see if they have some on hand that aren't on the website.  

This is not the way I wanted this week to start.

On a good note Spring is in full bloom here.  The Mountain Laurels are at their peak, the Bluebonnets and other wildflowers are slowly making their appearance.  The peak is probably going to be the end of this month or early next month.  We should be well enough to hit the byways for some photos of all the goodness they provide.  We both need a day trip as a break.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that. And good leather and good work are WORTH the money it costs. Don't underrate yourself!!!