Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Life

During the past two weeks while I posted about the Alamo, life has been busy.  Nothing exciting, probably not even worthy to post here about.  As I sit here trying to put together a post I try to remember things I thought I should post about as they came to my mind during the last two weeks.  Consequently that is a total failure.  There is no way my brain will allow me to recall those things I thought about at the time.  Maybe that's good thing.

We did make a much needed trip into town to the grocer and Costco.  Those chores had fallen behind a bit due to the things that kept us too busy the last two weeks.  We also finally got my processed deer back, right at 6 weeks.  Much longer than I would have expected.  The extra refrigerator in the garage is where we keep the extra foods that we freeze in there and keep various drinks that won't all fit in our everyday fridge, it seems to be going out.  I had placed the completely frozen venison in the freezer and the next day it was getting soft.  We had noticed this previously and now even the drinks in the fridge portion aren't as cold.  So we moved all frozen items into the house fridge.  We had to make room for everything by throwing out old things we had not used in  long while.  It all fit, barely.
We are considering buying a used one to replace that one.  I see them for sale all the time.  I don't think I want to buy a new one when I can get a used one extremely cheap from folks that don't want to move one when they uproot to move to another place.  

Currently I sort of feel like things are on hold.  There are a few things I would like to spend a little cash on, but we have not resolved all our medical bills from our recent surgeries.  In fact I am even postponing a medical procedure for the time being.  I have not been billed by my surgeon.  I check the insurance website, and it doesn't appear he has billed them.  Other than that I believe most of my bills have been submitted and paid.  K, on the other hand, continues to receive various bills almost every week.  Yet, nothing from the hospital.  That one should be a doozy.  It has been around 90 days since our surgeries.  Insurance companies have a 90 day limit where they can deny a claim not submitted within that time frame, at least most do.  So not sure what will happen with those bills if they get submitted and are denied.  I assume they will come to us for the full amount then.  I hope not.

One of the things I want to get is a new BBQ pit/smoker.  The two I have, have reached the end of their useful life.  The one I use the most is just about to fall apart.  The last time I used it, I was very wary that the firebox would lose it's bottom a scatter ash and fire all over the ground.  The other one is one I got from my Dad when he gave up BBQing.  It was a custom job and I just don't like it.  It wasn't made for the type cooking I do.  It is too hard to regulate the temps.  I only used it for grilling.  I want to replace them both with one similar to my old one.  I wanted a nice one that would cost more, but a cheap one will work probably just fine for the time I have left.  The other I used almost 30 years.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I'm in a hold pattern right now also, had to buy a new phone and a new computer all at once. Pay off the bills first is how we were raised.

Old NFO said...

Yep, I think we're ALL in the same boat... sigh