Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Ho Hum

The only thing that is somewhat exciting lately is it started raining a little Tuesday evening about 6 PM.  We so need that as I mentioned in my previous post.  This should lead into a solid week of rain.

The wife still is sick enough that I took her to the doc again.  She had fever and has been coughing so much she is worn out.  They gave her a breathing treatment and an inhaler along with some other meds.  She is not in the best of spirits either having been sick so long.  We are couple days into the begining of 3 weeks.  Nothing like I have ever seen with her before.  Not sure that her surgery and the resulting weakness from last December has diminished her constitution.  I will keep a close eye on her.  Doctors seem to have become a way of life for us lately.

I am trying a new pest control method in my garden.  I have planted a couple dozen small Marigold plants throughout it and close to the tomato plants.  I know certain bugs and animals avoid the marigold due to the smell.  I need something to deter the stink bugs that have inundated us the last couple years.  They sting the tomato and it leaves a discolored spot and it will eventually turn bad.  There were hundreds last year and my tomato production was well down from previous years.  All directly related to those stink bugs.  I will do some more research to see what other measures I can take without using toxic chemicals.  Oh, and I am hoping the Marigolds will deter those fuzzy tailed tree rats.  I had read they work on rabbits so I am hoping for success there also.

Everything else is wait and see until K gets better.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers for her. And Marigolds work, up to a point.