Thursday, September 3, 2015

Almost a Year

Yup, since I found out I was positive for Prostate Cancer.  Sept. 12 was the date of the actual biopsy.  Five days later, a Wednesday I got the call from my urologist before 8 AM, cancer.   Yes the early hour was a tip-off.  The look in Kim's eyes when I told her......hope I never see that again.  Not a real good way to start your day.

We met with the doctor 2 days later and he laid out all the options plus everything else we didn't even know.  Those that have been around my blog for a while know I chose the surgery option.

So why am I re-hashing all this?  There are a couple blogs I follow that have mentioned a fund raising effort to raise awareness and research for Prostate Cancer.  The effort is called "Kilted to Kick Cancer."  Pretty catchy.  I had threatened to wear a kilt after my surgery, for comforts sake.  I don't know of any of these blogs that are actually participating by raising funds, so I won't actually endorse one of them.  But, I would encourage you, if you are so inclined, to google 'Kilted to Kick Cancer' and you will find someone to donate to.  You can make your choice from there.  By the way, there is a competition by those involved in this effort, not sure who wins what from donated prizes.

Why am I not involved?  You would think I would be a good spokesperson with my experience.  I am not much on asking others for the hard earned dollars to be given/donated, to me especially.  It really makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.  Almost as bad as the digital exam.  I can't really explain my discomfort without gong into a long drawn out explanation.  It has been there my entire life and not anything new.  I'll just leave it at that.

I will take this opportunity to link to my very first blog post so you can read for yourself what it may be like to go through what I am/did with Prostate Cancer.  Maybe it will encourage someone to get checked.  Fellas, get that thing checked, ladies, if you love your man, make him go despite his protests.  You may save a life.

Thanks for your consideration and thanks for your coming by my blog, and a special thanks to those that take/took the time to comment and offer encouragement, especially those that have been here from the beginning.  You have no idea what your participation here means.

Happy Trails.

No comments: