Monday, September 7, 2015

Jumbled Thoughts



I have been procrastinating the roof repairs.  But I finally called the guy I had come out and fix the other spots about a year ago.  I anticipate this being a much bigger job than the previous, probably involving some deck replacement.  I hope to get an estimate but until they actually begin work they won't know the entire scope of the work involved.  Hence the estimate will be just that, an estimate with the understanding costs could and very well may be more, significantly.  It involves the patio roof and the chimney.  I believe the entire patio may need to be redone.  Hope we have saved enough to get it done right this time.  Now if we can get him out here, he is very busy.  I take that as a good sign.

The patio has a plywood ceiling.  There is some obvious warping that has occurred due to the leaks.  He may need to rip part of that in order see exactly what is going on.  I am of a mind to just leave it without a ceiling if that is necessary.

Lots of other busy things going on.  My Dad has been having issues with his diabetes, wound up in the ER and stayed a couple days.  I think it was harder on my Mom than him.  She worries a lot and puts a lot of stress on herself.  Lots of other things also going on that keep my mind all jumbled up.  Not good for a guy that has trouble keeping it in order on easy days lol. 

I feel really busy but can't point to anything or even figure out something worthy to write about.  But that happens a lot anyway.  I warned y'all I wasn't an interesting writer.

I have a follow up with the Urologist on the 11th.  Not real sure what he will do since I already have the blood test results.  I have a sneaking suspicion I won't like it much at all because it will involve a lot of KY.  Things have been progressing probably as well as can be expected since my surgery.  Mostly pain free and continued good blood test results buoy my spirits, and things are working much better than the have been.  That doesn't mean it couldn't be better.  It could be worse.  I am constantly reminded that by all the others I know that suffer things much worse than I, and never utter a word.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hang in there, and good luck with the roof!

CenTexTim said...

"I feel really busy but can't point to anything..."

Funny how that works. I've been feeling the same way since I retired - busy, but with little to show for it.