Saturday, September 26, 2015

And Again



Kim made it to Abilene safely.  It is so very quiet here, a good thing but also not.  It's a four hour drive without any stops.  She always makes at least one or two.  I hate that she goes alone on that lonely stretch from Brady to Abilene.  Not much help out that way.  I don't rest easy until I know she is there.

Kim came home feeling very upbeat about my Mom's state of mind with the impending changes to their life.  This made Kim feel much better about leaving to head to Abilene to her relatives.  Knowing how my Mom is I wasn't so optimistic.  Kim got a call from Mom this morning.  The move was to take place next Friday.  Now it's a no go.  I have lost count how many times this has happened now.  It doesn't in the least surprise me.  She had too long to think about the fact that the particular apartment they were to move in to wasn't the one she really wanted.  They will try to put the money they put down along with an exorbitant application fee on another apartment waiting list.  If they don't agree, they will lose a couple grand.  Mom said Dad was so relieved.  My Dad's evident relief may change her mind completely to staying in place for the long haul.

Since Kim will be out of pocket for the weekend, I most likely won't get any updates if something changes again.  It well might, but it will keep.

I will keep my mouth shut and just roll with it.  It's better for all.  I taking everything at this point matter of factly (does that make sense?)  Whatever they say, do or wish won't ruffle me much anymore.  I only worry about their stress and the worry my Mom goes through.

All I can do at this point is pray they have peace.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, you're doing the only sensible thing. You can't win if you jump into that battle...

CenTexTim said...

Women and weather - not much you can do to change either one. Just roll with the punches...