Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Spectacular



The weather here is just spectacular.  Had a few daily showers at the end of last week, but since Saturday the weather has cooled down quite a bit and with drier air than normal.  It really adds some spunk into Buster and he gets pretty excited when he figures out I am heading out the door for our walk.  He is actually a PITB at that time, jumping and whining to the point I can hardly get the leash on him.  Then the deer that come out to see who is walking by drive him nuts or any other dogs along the way.  He has lost the little manners he had before.  It makes me remember why I stopped taking him along.  That may happen soon if he doesn't calm down a bit.

The showers have played havoc with my tomatoes.  They have almost all started splitting from the water.  I am throwing away more than I can save.  I probably threw away 50 this morning and only kept a dozen.  It is also messing up the ones that are still green.  At least we got quite a few this year.  I may not plant any of the yellow pear next year.  They over ran the entire garden and have made it difficult to even find the other ones.  The also produce way more than we can use.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

CenTexTim said...

'Scattered showers' indeed. We got one on Thurs. and that was it. But you're right - the weather this weekend was great. Cool and dry mornings perk me up just like Buster.