Sunday, September 20, 2015

Not Much



Sunday before today I lost a pocket knife.  It was the one I  bartered some leather work for.  I really hate losing something like that.  This was a really good knife.  I only carry Case brand knives as a pocket knife.  I have other knives but not for my pocket.  I have one I have carried for 15-20 years.  

I looked and looked for it and no dice.  I assumed it must have fallen out of a pair of pants I rarely wear.  I found a package of mints I carry in the same pocket laying on the driveway right by the door of where I park my truck.  Not a good sign.  I figured it might be at the church building, and had a chance that someone would recognize where I sit and return it to me.  So I thought when we went to church Wednesday evening I might have a chance to find it.  Or it fell out of my pocket at the Whataburger and it was gone for good. 

As I get into the truck to head out I was telling Kim I would look for the knife at church and about the pack of mints.  I looked in the direction where the mints had been found and I see the knife laying in the grass.  Yahoo!  It had gotten rained on so there is a bit of surface rust that I will need to take care of.  

Spent the day Thursday trying to get some yard work done.  Probably the last mowing of the year.  Also worked on a couple small leather projects for Kim.  Have some more ideas for leather, just not real motivated to get into working much on it.  A friend gave a few sets of Whitetail antlers, we are trying to incorporate them into some of Kim's jewelry.  I already had some ideas for her that are pretty quick to do.  These need to get done really soon, maybe they would be attractive to a few hunters over at the resort.  We'll see.

Kim has been planning a trip up to Abilene to see her extended family.  Her Aunt will be having an 80th birthday party.  We had hoped that the youngest son could come and house sit for a couple nights.  Found out he has another convention that weekend in Laredo.  He has been extremely busy.  Most of his focus was on the big convention that he and his partner put on here last weekend, the Alamo City Comic Con.  We don't see or here from him for a couple months prior to that.  I told Kim to just go ahead and go without me.  She has hoped to get up that the last few years and something has gotten in the way every time.  She says she won't go without me, but I really think she needs to go anyway.  I will try to convince her otherwise.  We don't know when we will be able to it again.

Everything has just been a jumbled up busy time for us.  But things are pretty good. 

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Busy is good, and yes she should go, IMHO... Glad you found the knife too! Nothing is more frustrating than losing a knife. I've torn my place apart looking for a 'lost' knife, only to find it still clipped to a pocket in the dirty clothes! :-(