Monday, November 28, 2016

Honey Do's

Yes, today's agenda consists of almost nothing but honey do's.  Christmas decorations are getting taken out of storage.  At least 6 totes full.  The wife really goes all out with her decorating, what ever the season.  Especially Christmas.  This will include setting up the 'fake' tree which requires moving around a couple pieces of furniture, a chair and a small table.  I will also put lights up outside on the house.  I do that for me.  Outside Christmas lights have been a 'thing' for me since I can remember. 
No one seems to enjoy them as much as I do.  The few times I didn't get it done I missed them.  I just hate getting up on that ladder to reach the highest par of the roof line.  I get a little nervous on high reaches on a ladder since I fell off one a few years ago and broke some things, on me.  I usually get all this junk out the Friday after Thanksgiving, but a football game I wish I hadn't watched got in the way and I completely forgot about doing it on Saturday.  I am usually one of the first getting the lights up outside, not this year.  I was reminded about it when we drove home from church Sunday evening.

The wife is gone again, over to the youngest son's to help him with things at his place i.e. hanging pictures and I don't know what else.  I think she is feeling a bit worried about him.  His bad luck I wrote about a while back seems to continue. This time it may be his own fault.  Sorry I can't say more.  She went to my parents on Friday to look at the new house and give help with ideas on how to redecorate that and see what 'upgrades' they may want/need.  

Saturday she was back at the resort trying to earn a few dollars.  Business has been very slow for her. 
She has only worked 2 days since August.  Hopefully this season will allow her to work a bit more than she has so we can buy a few gifts for others.  We will refrain from buying for each other as has become the trend.  That new TV was costly enough.  

I haven't said anything in a while about the events that caused me to begin this blog.  This will be the 2 year anniversary of my surgery for cancer so now seems like the appropriate time.  This week I will have to get some blood drawn before a doctor visit next week.  They will be checking to see if there is any indication of a return of the cancer.  At some point, these checks will move out to yearly instead of every 6 months.  I am not sure we are at that point yet.  I don't expect any negative report.
As far as my current condition is regarding the results of the surgery, I seem to have hit a point of status quo.  Nothing is changing on how things work down there, not worse, not better.  It can get frustrating at times but it most certainly could be worse and I am thankful it is as good as it is. 

The libtards are just so nutty, it amazes me they can't see or don't seem to care about their dupicitous natures.  They freaking drive me nuts.  I hate to even talk about the crap they pull, so I won't.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear she's not getting any business. Good luck with the lights. I need to get mine up.