Tuesday, November 22, 2016

What To Do

We are both just sitting here today wondering of we should be doing something more constructive.  It is a bit unusual that we don't have any plan for the day, even if it is something very small.  We have not been real busy but there has been something almost everyday that has occupied us for a while.  

Sunday was my Dad's 89th birthday.  This visit turned out better than most.  He can get irritated at the slightest thing and you never know what it might be.  Yes, it did happen, but I managed to ignore it for the most part.  I have to do this for my sanity and that of my mother.  I honestly don't know how. she has done it all these years.  Anyway, my grand-kids came also and brought the people that take care of them.  My youngest son found time to come also.  He had replaced his truck with a used Explorer, so we got to check that out.  Looks like he made a great deal and it is only one year old with very low mileage.  Still has manufacturer warranty on it.  Seems he caught a break for a change.

I have half a notion to start smoking the turkey today since there is nothing on the agenda.  The weather seems to be closing in and rain is predicted.  I am not real keen on the idea of running back and forth to the smoker trying to keep a fire going for 10 hours.  Maybe tomorrow will be better, I need to check the forecast.  It appear tomorrow will be better, today has thunderstorms predicted.

If I don't get back to this before the holiday I want to use this opportunity to wish you a happy one. Enjoy the time with your friends/family, life is fleeting.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Same to you and yours sir!