Thursday, December 1, 2016

Brain Box is Fried

There appears to be little between my ears these days worth mentioning here.  Yes, I could go on and on about the crap that is happening all over the world, but it gets me tight in the jaws and I don't need that.  Blood pressure needs to stay as low as I can keep it.

Blood was drawn today for my doctor appointment next week.  December 3 marks 2 years since my surgery.  Hopefully the good news will continue, however I think I am as prepared as I can be for bad news.  As I understand it, when prostate cancer spreads/returns, it is in the bones.  There is no cure for that.  It can take a long time for it to eventually take it's toll, with much pain.  So, I want to emphasize how important it is to get yourself checked, regularly.  It could just save your life, no one is invincible and hating doctors is a stupid excuse.  You owe it to your loved ones, if you care for anyone at all other than yourself.  It isn't ALL about you regardless of what you think.  

The Christmas decorations have gone very slowly.  The lights I like to use have developed issues.  I have just enough to use the way I prefer.  Now one string works less than half way through.  I found a broken wire and missing light sockets.  No idea.  I had to rearrange my method and it looks skimpier than usual.  This may be my last year doing this.  I don't see these being sold in stores anymore.  I did find some online, but for 20$ a strand.  Not gonna happen.  The tree we use has lights in it already. 
Only one strand now works.  They will all be removed and other lights will be put up by hand from here on out.  The wife won't buy into not having a tree at all.  We are the only ones that see it, until the Grands come on Christmas eve.  They have helped decorate the tree the last couple years, which is a big deal for the wife, but this year we are not sure they can get here in time to do that again.

We hope to get out sometime here in the near future to some of the smaller surrounding towns.  There are several that take considerable pride in how they decorate during Christmas.  This is a holdover from my childhood.  We would pile into the car and drive downtown or the neighborhoods that were known for great light displays.  We both still enjoy that.  I will try to get a few photos and hope they turn out well enough to post a few here.

Happy Trails.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, lights break, we can't get replace others and nobody cares anymore. I'm not even doing a tree this year.

Randy said...

Qld NFO, I feel ya