Thursday, November 17, 2016

Plans Foiled

We had wanted to head down to Padre Island today and enjoy the surf.  But the great weather we have been having is now gone.  It windy and cloudy and cooler than would be comfortable sitting on the beach.  So we are sitting here pondering where we will go if at all.  Maybe the Hill Country just for a change of scenery.  The walls are closing in a bit.  

I have been in front of the computer the last 2-3 days trying to recover photos and documents that I lost when windows crashed on me.  I have gotten some software that finds things like that.  However, I had no idea how many times one picture can show up on your computer as a lost file.  I assume it is from 'caching' photos that have been opened or viewed previously.  There were over 200K photos recovered.  A lot of them are just repeats and corrupt files.  So I have been trying to weed those out. The ones I saved also have to be culled for repeats and then put into appropriate locations to help me locate them again.  I wound up deleting quite a few that 'looked' like I had seen them previously.  Oh well, I don't care at this point.  I recovered very few documents, at least I have recovered quite a few photos.  Going digital with photos is convenient but has it's hazards.

Hopefully if we head out somewhere I can get a few worth photos to post here.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

FWIW, I moved most of my pics to a separate drive, and backed them and important documents up to a thumb drive too...

Randy said...

Old NFO, yes, I have those also and quite a few of the photos etc are there plus several 'clouds'. however I haven't backed them up in almost 3 years so.....