Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Trying to Stay Busy

I have been trying to get a few small leather projects completed for Kim to have for her big Labor Day weekend push.  I try not to over do it to keep from having my neck regress from the progress the Chiropractor has made.  It also helps to keep me out of trouble with Kim.  She has been really hitting it hard.  Not only does she have the convention this month to provide crafts for, a previous BIG customer has contacted her again about providing gifts for about 30 of her clients wives at another convention by the end of this month.  She has to also provide ideas for her to choose from in a specific price range.  She is feeling the pressure.  

I don't know what to make of Trump seemingly taking a softer stance on immigration.  IMO his hard stance is what got him the nomination.  Not just on immigration, but his tough talk and telling folks where to get off in no uncertain terms.  Somehow something seems to have moderated his stance.  I think this will hurt him with his base.  Pandering to the Hispanics is my guess.  Maybe he won't hurt himself, to some of his base, he can do no wrong.  Not sure it will be enough to lose him the election.  He is one of the most polarizing candidates we have ever had in my lifetime, except maybe for hildabeast.  They both make me shake my head in astonishment.  But I get it, everyone is sick of insiders.

So Friday we get to see what the doctor thinks with the results of my new X-Rays, what progress he has made.  Until last Monday night I was feeling pretty good.  Then I seemed to have a major set back.  I hurt worse than I have since it started up over a month ago.  The doc is hoping it was just a one time thing and by the time I show up Friday I will be even better.  I hope so, I am not that optimistic anymore after 11 treatments.  Either way, Friday is most likely my last visit.  I'll just make do.  I can't keep this up, gets to expensive.

Much yard work is needed with all the rain we have had.  Grass cutting and getting the garden in shape for fall etc..  So I am headed to the gas station to get fuel for the mower and try to knock that out today.  Thursday I hope to get the garden squared away.

My E-reader is acting up.  I got one of the first Nook Colors when they first came out.  Not sure how long ago that was.  The battery is going toes up it appears.  There is no easy way to replace it, so it becomes a door stop.  I have been researching the Kindles and it appears, for the price, the Kindle Fire is hard to beat.  Then I have a friend who has offered me their Nook Color since they went to the Kindle.  She had issues with the Nook and never really used it.  I think I will take her up on that offer since I have so many books already on it.  I more than likely will have to go to the Kindle eventually.  Barnes and Noble really messed up with the Nook.  It could have been a big deal for them.

Happy Trails




2 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

I have two Kindle Fires, an early version and one that is about a year old. The browser "silk" on both of them is terrible. Crashes all the time. However, I read lots of books on either of them, and I really enjoy getting my magazines on Kindle. The "help" function on the newer one's is nice, since you can talk direct to a tech or service support person via a video link.

Trump has narrowed the Hags lead to just six percentage points according to the latest Fox News poll. I listened to his speech yesterday and I think he is really trying to take the same tack but leave himself less open to the attacks of the Dimwits.

Good that your wife has lots of business, but not good you are still having the back issue and it's gotten worse. I went to my doctor about stomach problems (again) this week and it looks like I may be spending some time in the hospital (again) in November. Doesn't seem to be any escaping that kind of thing once you get some age on you.

Randy said...

Harry Flashman-I think you may be right on the Trump thing. Sorry to hear about the stomach issues. That can be a real burden. Waiting that long can be draining. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.