Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I Gotta Do Somthing

I have been struggling with neck issues for the last 10 years or so.  It's an off and on thing.  It's tolerable most of the time and Motrin takes enough of the edge off to sleep well enough to get me by.  The last couple nights, not so much.  I try to limit my intake of the pain relievers and last night I went without since things had been feeling a bit better.  BIG mistake.  I woke up much too early due to the muscles thinking they needed to let me know they are still there.  Along with some other lower back issues I have had recently, I decided I would go against my general approach to chiropractors.  They have NEVER worked for me, at all, except for that new fangled Arrositi therapy.  But that isn't what is going on here.  Consequently I have stuck it out as far as any issues I have had and avoided going to one again.  The last one was a charlatan to say the least.

The wife has been to the one I am going to before on the recommendation of some friends.  She was really messed up with her neck.  So much so you could see her head was offset to one side.  He fixed her up in about 4 trips.  While my issue is in my neck also, I think he may treat me somewhat different, if he can.  The last guy I went to for my neck wouldn't touch it.  I think he was afraid to.  Spurs and compressed discs probably made to much of a liability for him.  So instead of telling me that he couldn't help my neck he would do everything else he could do, but nothing for the neck.  He just wanted my $$.  Maybe afraid to admit failure.  He also couldn't 'pop' my back.  He says he did, but I know when it has popped or not.  I will give this other guy a try, and if it ain't better in 5 visits I am done.  You gotta be careful, they want you to come in once a week anyway.  They say it will help with your overall wellness etc.  Maybe, I am skeptical to say the least, and I don't have that kinda cash.  I want it fixed and move on.  So 10:30 Am Tuesday is the appointment.

I was eventually diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my neck by a neurologist.  I guess just too many hours leaning over a drafting table holding up my huge melon.  Another reason to be worried about what they might do to my neck with any manipulation.  Pinched nerves there lead to too many other issues.  I have heard the horror stories of a neck adjustment resulting in paralysis.

So this will curtail the leather projects I had on my list for the wife.  It seems that sets off my issues with my neck faster than most anything else.  It's similar to working over that drafting table I guess.  Not fun when that is your passion and you aren't able.  It will be hard not to keep from sneaking in a little project since it sits there on my work bench calling my name over and over.

I got a new compressor for my airbrush too.  So that also wants me to try it out.  Here it is next to the old one.  Look at the regulator just above the red ring, you can see where it broke off.  Compare that to the one on the left.  The new one is the next step up from the old one.  It was the exact some price, since it had free shipping and the other didn't, so why not?



I don't want this to sound like I am in some sort of disabling pain and am a whiny woos.  It's not as bad as it may sound.  I have put up with this for 10 years and when I am not in bed it's not much trouble at all.  But it has finally gotten to the point that I am putting my trust in a science that hasn't worked for me.  I am documenting this for my poor memory.


Happy Trails



No comments: