Wednesday, August 24, 2016

You Don't Know Everything

Tuesday we attended a funeral of a Brother in Christ, friend and compatriot in a heritage organization I belong to.  I have known him for 20 years.  We had not seen each other for few years and when news of his passing came it was a bit of a surprise. 

It seems no matter how long you know someone, when you attend their funeral you learns some things you never knew.  It usually puts a smile on my face in that sad time.  It also shows that we can't know everything about someone that you don't live with every day.  Not sure where I am going with this, my thoughts are running rampant at the moment from seeing old friends I hadn't seen in an even longer time and meeting a couple new friends and of course thoughts about the departed and his wonderful sweet wife.  She is most likely the sweetest lady I have ever had the pleasure to know.  Too bad for us we didn't know more about him before he was gone.  That seems to be a consistent theme at funerals, at least for me.

The old friends were also members of the heritage organization and were trying to encourage me to return to our monthly meetings.  While having been extremely active at one time, there were things that were going on that just turned me off and my whole attitude changed.  Others lack of motivation and infighting took their toll on my desire to give what I had.  I have to think about coming back.  My whole attitude will need an adjustment.  I don't change easy.


Happy Trails




1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That is sadly true... And re organizations, it's always about attitude. The attitude of the leaders can either promote or paralyze the organization.