Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Impressed

The chiropractor visit was pleasant actually.  He didn't do any adjustments yet.  Since I am using my health insurance there is an order of progression on how things must proceed.  The first visit is just a consultation.  The treatment doesn't begin until the next visit along with x-rays.  He seemed to be very thorough.  What you would expect from a Doctor at the least.  Well my experience prior to this was not at all similar and very lacking comparatively.  So I have a more optimistic outlook for the results.  I know he has his hands full with my neck issues.  Hopefully he can correct some of my problems if not all.  I don't expect miracles.  The next visit is Wednesday afternoon.  He warned me that I will be pretty sore afterward.  I will hit the motrin.  

The wife and I have a special 'date' for Wednesday evening.  I bought tickets to a concert by Franky Valli.  She is a big fan.  I just hope I can sit in those seats somewhat comfortably after my treatment and the soreness isn't too bad.  This is a delayed wedding anniversary gift to ourselves.  

The custom round knife I was having made has been completed.  I won't get it until Sunday.  I saw photos of it on the book of faces.  It looks like it needed my hands on it.  When the chiropractor found out I do some leather work, he frowned.  He knew it would be an aggravation to my neck.  The wife is already preparing for me to not be able to work on leather ever again.  I told her that won't happen.  I will just have to pace myself much slower.  I can't see ever giving it up completely, at least not in the near future.  I have to make that new knife pay for itself.  She is just looking out for me.  She remembers how bad it got previously.  I couldn't even shave my face without major trouble or button a shirt.  I ain't that bad yet.  Have you ever tried to shave with your non dominant hand?  It ain't easy.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

I hope it doesn't turn out you can't work leather anymore. I know how important pass times like that are.

Randy said...

Thanks Harry, I most likely will try to keep on but limit the time I spend on it. For now taking a break is in order until we see the results of this treatment

Old NFO said...

Hang in there Randy, they can do good things to help you, but it takes time and exercise on your part.