Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Errands

Tuesday was a busy day for such a sedentary old man.  The wife had mentioned she had been getting a few requests for leather holsters for semi-autos.  She has a couple for revolvers I had made.  Since she is selling them retail they are made generically by barrel length alone.  Since I don't have any idea what type holster would be needed for a specific gun in this situation, I can't form them to fit, unless it's gun I already have, which is unlikely.  So I just make a 'generic' holster that will fit most any with the appropriate barrel length.  She has also been selling a certain type leather cuff rather quickly.  So a trip to the leather store was added to the errand list.  We bought a bit more than we have in the last few visits. We stocked up on several kits of various items.  I have been resorting to kits lately as I am out of suitable leather and it's not a good time for a large leather purchase with things moving so slow these days.  Kits are quicker to make but are more costly so it cuts the profit but I also spend less time.  While we are talking leather, my custom head/round knife should be complete in a few days.  I am excited about that.  

After we finished at the leather supply store we headed over to Costco for our monthly stock up and to the grocers.  I have been having a few minor issues with the hearing aids I got from Costco so I went by to see what they could do.  I have been experiencing some feed back in the right one when I listen to any type music, mostly on high notes even with the TV.  The other was experiencing some power issues.  It would just cut off and then on from time to time.  I expected to have to leave them and pick them up another day.   They were able to fix them within 10 minutes.  They have always been really helpful and none of it costs me a dime.  They have a full 2 year warranty.  If you are considering hearing aids, I highly recommend Costco.  If you aren't a member, the membership would be worth your while just for the hearing aids.  These are about 1/3 the price of any of the hearing aid stores and are just as technologically advanced.  

By the time we got home we had spent a ton of cash and my butt was dragging.  I am just not as up to speed with my stamina since my surgery, even a year and a half after.  Yeah, I know a lot of that is from sitting around most of the day and I have become adept at making new excuses.  But when cooler weather gets here............

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the sales! :-) And Costco does save folks money... Walking is good, if a bit tiring to start with...