Friday, August 19, 2016

Wet

Actually it's more than wet if that's possible.  Everything is soggy from the rains we have been having since the 14th.  Everyday there has been some rain, from almost nothing to over 2 inches.  Since it started we have had 6 inches at my house.  Others nearby have had much more and some less.  The showers we have been getting are almost tropical in intensity.  It is a welcome relief as we had just entered the hottest part of the summer here.  The temps have fallen quite a bit never getting above 76* one of those days others in the low to mid 80's.  I can live with that and the rain came at a very opportune time for my garden and all the other flora and fauna in the area.  I read one forecast that says we should have cooler than normal temps into September.  Sounds good to me.

That is how it seems to go in this part of our state.  From one extreme to the other with the weather in a moments notice.  Over the last 9-10 years or so rainfall has been almost non existent in August.  In my memory, I seem to remember the closeness of Fall bringing showers/storms in August into September.  My memory may be faulty, but I hope it returns to that pattern for a few years at least.  

I have been pretty inactive since I started treatments with the chiropractor (he doesn't want me doing anything yet) and the rain just adds to that.  Thursday morning it hadn't rained over night so I took that opening to get out and cut the back yard.  I had let it get longer, it helps resist the heat and use less water.  With all the rain we are having it won't take much sun for it to really grow fast.  We haven't seen the sun one time since it started raining.  The grass was already so thick it left windrows of piled grass after I cut it.  Waiting another week, we would likely have lost Buster out there when we let him out.

Happy Trails



No comments: