Saturday, September 3, 2016

College Football

Yes, finally, this much awaited season is finally here.  My team should be much better than last year.  Still young and a new offense, but my optimism isn't going away.  First game out of the box is a huge game.  May make or break the coaching staff as they seem to be on the hot seat this year.  I really like the head coach and he is finally getting 'his' players on the team and they seem to be buying in to his philosophy.  I hope all goes well for him, deserves it IMO.

So I will be planted in front of my giant 26 inch TV watching some football this weekend.  My big screen HD TV has bitten the dust.  I haven't replaced it yet for various reasons and it may be a while.  

Unfortunately, my team won't play until Sunday evening.  I hate that TV has taken over college football to the point they now have to play games on Sunday.  It is only happening since the NFL won't play until after Labor Day.  So they have that open slot and it is a game that has national significance in the college football world.  I wouldn't give you 2 nickles for the NFL.  Used to be huge fan, but the way they have gone has caused me to turn away in disgust.

\m/ Happy Trails \m/

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

I've given up on pro sports period... College is at least semi-fun to watch...

Randy said...

Old NFO-yup, pros sports don't have my support at all, except for my Spurs

CenTexTim said...

I hope you enjoyed Sunday evening's game as much as I did... :-)

Randy said...

Hey CenTexTim-good to see you, and yes I did, very much \m/