Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Forgot



Yes, I actually forgot that I should post something for Monday.  Just got busy with various things.  Nothing worth mentioning.  It's kinda like when folks ask you, 'what you been up to?'  and you can't really tell them.  But you know you have been doing something.  That's how it's been.

We did get Kim's computer back from repair.  The OS had a fatal crash.  It seems to be working fine although Win 10 is back on it.  We had provided a Win 7 disk to reinstall.  Not sure why it's 10 since he told Kim we could now upgrade to 10.  I think it was an auto download and install by Windows Update and he just didn't realize it.  The good thing is there are no more of the junk programs that you get when you buy a computer.  I did reinstall the programs she uses for her business.  It seems to run much better now without all the crap.  I just hope that since it's 10 we don't have another catastrophic failure.  Luckily she had a backup for her business and was easily reinstalled.  Sad how much we depend on these machines now.

Went over to Mom's to load up some rugs she wants placed in the new 'apartment.'  They have new furniture being delivered Tuesday, so she wanted the rugs down already.  It was my first look at the place.  It is an apartment type complex that they are moving into.  It looks much better than I expected.  And it should with what it costs them per month.  I have been running questions through my mind about this move that have vexed me some.  There are multiple answers.  Since she seems to have a handle on her emotions now, I posed the main question to her,  was she surrendering?  She didn't quite understand me, so I rephrased that to 'giving up.'  She assured me she was not and elaborated more than I expected.  I was satisfied with the answer.  She does not at all have a sense of resignation but a more optimistic outlook.  A huge relief.

Will be working on some new wallets Kim wants to have on hand for the upcoming gift season.  They get done rather quickly since I plan less to no tooling on them in order to lower the cost/price with the idea they will sell faster.  It's a tough market to judge.

Posting may be light to sporadic this week, my brain is elsewhere and I am avoiding the politics scene a great extent.  No, my head won't be in the sand.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the computer was recovered! Good luck on the wallets, 'I' wouldn't want to be trying to play the guessing game with retail right now...