Friday, November 13, 2015

Motivated



I woke up Thursday motivated to get things done at Mom and Dad's new digs.  When we left Tuesday things were moved in and mostly in place but quite a bit of disarray also since things weren't fitting quite like Mom had expected.  I was ready to go pretty early and caught Kim off guard.  I just knew how frazzled Mom would be looking at the mess and not really being able to get much done without help.  She more than likely felt overwhelmed.  They stayed gone most of the day Wednesday and that is probably why.

We hadn't been able to get hold of them for various reasons.  They only have their cell phones, which they have trouble operating at times.  They will get landlines but not until the 23rd.  

We showed up early and caught them there and jumped into organizing and clearing things away.  I got their spare bedroom/office squared away.  Both computers up and running but still need internet connection.  Got furniture relocated and various lamps and things up and running, just quite a bit of stuff done that makes it more livable without tripping over misplaced furniture and boxes.  Emptied quite a few boxes also and got those and a couple items of furniture that will make a return to the old house and be disposed of in the future. 

Still much more to do, hanging all the pictures/paintings etc. and getting the remaining items squared away.  Some of that will change again after Mom determines things should be changed after living there a while.  At least now it looks manageable and should ease Mom's mind now.

Feel much better that their situation is easier and I think we got a ton done.

One of the things that happened on moving day I didn't mention just added to the stress.  I went to pick up a couple burgers for Kim and I for lunch in her car.  I never go through the drive through, it seems something always gets messed up with the orders.  But today, it was empty and I decided it was convenient.  I followed another car into the lot and then into the drive through line.  For some reason the jack wagon decided to back up, with out looking.  Yeah, he did.  I was to close to take evasive action just honked the horn but too late.  Smacked the bumper pretty good.  Now I have to deal with his insurance and get her bumper straightened or at least realigned.  It's not bad, almost unnoticeable but still an irritant added to an already stressful time.  It could be worse I reckon.

Shifting gears....here are the wallets I recently completed that Kim wanted for her visits to the resorts.  Little to no tooling this time to keep the cost/price down.




Sorry I missed the Veteran's Days posting.  Just know that I hold all Veterans in the highest regard for the sacrifices you made for our country.  I thank God for men and women like you.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that, and those wallets look GOOD! Hope they move quickly!

Randy said...

Thank you, me too.

CenTexTim said...

Good news on the move.

Bad news on the car.

Good job on the wallets.