Monday, November 16, 2015

Postponed



The roofer called Friday evening.  The materials he went to pick up weren't quite the same color as my current roof.  He would be able to get something similar but not exact.  Which to me is fine.  Since the roof is so flat no one actually ever sees that part of the roof.  I gave him the OK, not that it really matters since I need that roof repaired.  This minor glitch will delay him until Monday.  Rain is predicted for then and Tuesday.  I would assume that it will get delayed again.

Haven't heard from Mom since we left her Thursday.  No news is good news.  I will be more comfortable when we are able to communicate with them better.  Waiting until the 23rd when they get phone service and internet installed.  I am really surprised it will take that long to get someone out to do that work.  I hope they get better at monitoring their cell phones until then.  The good thing is they are much much closer now and it is easy enough to just drive over if we need to check on them.  Can be there in maybe 10 minutes as opposed to the previous 45.

Kim and I have started kicking around ideas about what plans we want to make for Thanksgiving.  We usually have the kids and Mom and Dad over.  Not sure that will be the plan this time.  We suspect that there may be some that want to do something different.  So we may be alone to our own devices.  We usually invite my brother and his family but they never accept opting to always go to the in-laws family.  I'm sure will extend the usual invites but will be prepared to do something different. 

Saturday I cleaned up around the house.  Since we have been so involved with getting my parents moved things have gotten a bit out of hand around the house.  With Kim at the resort all day she won't be in my way and I can do it when and how I want to.  That means I can stop and watch college football while cleaning.  Did I say that out loud?  Actually anything and anyhow I do it is appreciated by Kim. 

Hopefully after the next couple weeks things will settle down into the Christmas season routine and we all know how relaxing that is.  Good Times!

Happy Trails


No comments: