Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday 11/15



I am supposed to head over to Mom's to load up a few things to take to their new apartment.  Mom has moved into a higher gear now that they have furniture in place.  However, there is still much to pack a move and it goes pretty slow as Mom has her way and method of doing this.  It isn't always the best of easiest but it's what works for her.  She still thinks she has plenty of time to make the move.  She knows she doesn't have to be out for 7 weeks so that is her target goal.  Really.  That's a higher gear for her.  Although she did mention calling the movers to get the rest of her furniture.  Once that happens they will actually be living at the new apartment.  I am guessing it will happen next week of the following.  She sees the money she is paying for that place and not living there and taking advantage of the things they are paying for i.e. food, cleaning etc. is motivation to get moved sooner.

Kim has a craft class she enrolled in today and won't be able to come with me.  She is a great buffer between me and Mom when I get frustrated with her 'method.'  I will need to be extra vigilant about my approach.

The leather wallets I am working on may not be finished for Kim to take with her Saturday.  Have run into a couple issues.  The interiors I use came without the holes punched this time.  No idea why.  I don't really need them, it just makes it easier, I can punch my own holes.  I also got ahead of myself on a one step but have been able to work around that but it slowed me down significantly.  These things happen when you let your skills sit idle to long. 

We are getting more rain this weekend.  Could be more flooding on top of what we have had the last two weekends.  It won't take much the way the soil is saturated now.  It started a light rain last night.  And the patio roof leaked.  Less rain by far than before and it leaks and one when we had over 8 inches.  I don't get it.  I did make contact with my roofer and the bad weather had delayed him and he says he should be here next week....if the weather holds.  I am guessing it will be an additional week now.

Finally.  My primary care doctor blood results for my diabetes check up were better than I expected.  Well within the 'good' range.  This was a surprise from the numbers I was getting at home compared to last time.  I never really know what to expect anymore.  Now to work on getting them even better.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the check up went well. Just slow down and handle the rest of it as needed...