Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Weather Hindrance



The weather has taken a significant turn.  Wet, windy and much cooler.  It has hindered any progress on the roof getting repaired.  I expect the roofer will get started Wednesday when the weather is supposed to be dry for the next few days.  I have no real idea how long it should take him to get it done since it requires replacing the entire patio decking.  I would assume maybe 3-4 days.  Also have an appointment to get the heating unit checked out.  They missed the regular October schedule.  This will be just in time as the weather has been getting cooler over the last couple weeks.  We will need it soon I am sure.

We also need to get back over to Mom and Dad's to pick up another table Kim wanted and see if we can help with putting away things and hanging pictures at the new place.  It may need to wait until the roofer is done.  I don't feel real comfortable leaving people I don't know around my house working without me there.  Kim may be able to for a bit and help with some things without me.

With all that has been going on we need a break.  A while back I found out that one of my favorite music artists (and Kim's too) would be performing Tuesday evening in Austin.  And it's FREE!.  I have been following his schedule for quite sometime in order to see him live with absolutely no luck.  He goes to a lot of those Cowboy Gatherings and private shows and none are anywhere close that we could go and come in one day.  Austin is close enough to make an evening of it.  Kim has no idea other than a few hints from me to be ready to go by a certain time and to dress western for a music venue.  We will stop along the way for supper and then head over to the theater. 

If you are not a fan of old west music or cowboy music you may be unfamiliar with Don Edwards.  He can sound exactly like the great Marty Robbins when he is singing one of Marty's old songs.  Here are a couple samples.  The first one, 'Coyotes,' really speaks to me and Buster will sing along with the yodels every time her hears it.

Enjoy.



Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's great! Enjoy the show!!!