Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Still Too Busy



I'm sure most everyone is this time of year.  Still trying to help at Mom's and dodge the land mines of my Dad's stressed out behavior.  He got tired of our presence Monday I'm guessing.  Most of it is frustration that he isn't able to do much on his own.  He can get upset over nothing easily, he perceives comments or actions out of context and then reacts, badly I might add.  We have enough here to keep us busy prepping for Thanksgiving to keep us out of their hair for a few days.

We don't see or hear from the kids much these days.  I know they are busy as we are and the youngest has been putting in some really long hours and dealing with disasters and miscommunication at work.  The things he goes through would absolutely kill me, but that seems to be the nature of the business he has chosen.  Looking forward to a couple hours with them Thursday and then they will be off to the In-Laws for the rest of the day.

We will spend the next couple days getting things ready for the feast and family.  The house needs a good once over sense we haven't been able to spend much time on it lately.  Lots of other errands to run also.  At least we shouldn't have to try and navigate the grocery store this week.  It just gets crazy there.  I was also surprised how bad traffic was Monday on the way to and from Mom's and the couple errands we ran.

I used to navigate heavy traffic every day to and from work and could deal with it without getting to stressed.  These are actually roads here.




Except for those jackwagons that would force me off the road because they believed a blinker gave them automatic rights to the lane I was already occupying.  It was as if I had a sign that encouraged other drivers to 'please cut me off.'  Invariably it would lead to screeching tires or evasive action that would cause my jaws to get tight.  Not a good way to start the day at a job the dealt with other people all day long.  I didn't need to be in a crappy mood when before I even started on the daily fires that needed to be put out.  I could handle it most times and get there and calm down after a few minutes.  Now the traffic seems to bother me more than it ever did before.  Granted the traffic has gotten much worse than when I was commuting in it.  It seems that the non-rush hours are nearly as bad as the rush hours I used to travel in.  Glad I don't have to do that any more.

If I don't make another post before Thursday, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving...Trails.

No comments: