Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Moving Day

There has been a lot going on and my thoughts are a jumbled mess so this may not make a lot of sense but I needed to get this down.


It was decided that it would be most preferred if I waited until Tuesday before the movers come to take down my parents computer.  So I had an unplanned time to work on the wallets.  I managed to get near finished.  I can't get back to finishing until after the move. 

Kim was going over anyway as planned Monday.  She has been a tremendous help to my Mom.  Not only for the labor she provides but feedback and ideas Mom respects and a sounding board for other issues.  As she went to leave, a dead battery greeted her in her car.  We just replaced it in March of '14.  Kim wasn't sure if she may have left a dome light on when she was searching for something the night before. 

I jerked it out and put it in my truck for her.  She had a lot of errands to run before and after her time at Mom's plus we would need her car also.  She took it to the dealer that replaced it previously.  They checked it out and told her it was bad.  I assumed there would be an adjustment charge for the time we used it.  The gave her a new battery at no charge.  Sweet!  That's never happened before.  She said she complained that this would be the third battery in five years and that was just too much.  They agreed.  Not sure if that is why she got it at no charge but it works for me.

Tuesday was hard.  It took longer to load and move than to unload.  There is sooo much stuff over there.  It just boggles my mind, it's intimidating.  The movers showed up early while my Mom and Dad were at the doctor getting results of tests.  On top of everything that is going on there was somewhat bad news at the doctor's.  Surgery in the future for my Dad.  The way he responds to surgery it's a good thing they are now moved where help is readily available.  

Turns out there isn't enough room for all the furniture Mom wants to take after all.  Some things will have to be moved back to be sold/disposed of.  Not sure how this will affect Mom, but she will get over it eventually.  She is very resilient.

It was a trying day.  Will go back again today to install the computer and get it hooked to the internet, hook up their TV's that are much smarter than me, they have soooo many wires on that stuff.  There is still so many things over there at the old house.  Most will have to be sold now that we see exactly how things fit.  All the little knick knacks and decorations for every season and holiday.......oh my.  You have no idea and I can't begin to describe how much there is still to deal with.

We are still alive but quite worn.

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers for patience for all concerned... Hang in there sir!

Randy said...

Thanks much and same to you in your recovery.