Friday, October 30, 2015

Spectacular



The weather here has been just that this week.  Cool and crisp in the morning and warm and dry during the day.  Chamber of Commerce weather.  These are the reasons this is my favorite time of year.  

The recent coolness has sparked the whitetail bucks into chasing the does.  It's a little later than usual here.  Probably due to the unusually warm weather.  I am seeing bucks that aren't around here the rest of the year.  They are the bigger bucks that seem to stay pretty much hidden the rest of the year.  When the rut starts they lose their minds and come ]out of hiding.  There is one particular 10 point that has been hanging around the does lately but not chasing just yet.  I think he must be a descendant of this bad boy. 


I did see one buck running for all he was worth yesterday and cornered a hapless doe between a couple fences.  Almost feel sorry for the does the way these bucks hound them relentlessly. 

Kim is headed over to Mom's to help with more sorting and packing.  I will try to get a little yard work done to get it in shape for the winter.  Cut the grass a final time and pick up the limbs the bucks have broken form the trees and bushes.  Will work on getting the garden expanded for next year.  I'll throw down some landscape timbers and place the black plastic sheet to kill everything where the garden will be.  I'll probably need to get some more, I won't have enough to cover the entire garden.  I want to cover the existing garden too as there is a little bit of bermuda sneaking in.  Once that gets hold you can't hardly get rid of it.

Ordered some more wallet interiors as Kim wants a few more wallets on hand for the coming season.  I have a few minimalist ideas for these.  The elaborate tooled styles draw attention but they don't sell.  Even though mine are priced much lower than the pros no ones buying.  I will make these much more plain.  I can keep the price even lower and maybe get a little cash flowing.  Pics when they are done.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Oh great. You just had to go and say something about the wonderful weather we've been having. Over 5 inches of rain today and still coming down...

Randy said...

LOL I wasn't aware that mess was coming.