Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bits and Pieces



We have not finished our moving chores at my Mom's, yet we have not done anything toward that this week yet.  The time off has been a relief.  From what the weather looks like it is supposed to do we won't be doing any moving at all for several days.  There appears to be some tropical system making it's way toward us.  That is very unusual for this time of year but with the unseasonably warm temps we have been having it's not a real surprise.  It is supposed to be a multi-day event and go through the weekend.  It could get extremely wet which always brings flooding.  I had hoped the wet weather would hold off until my roofer could get finished with his big project and get over here and get mine done.  Doesn't look like that will happen now.  I will have a wet patio probably from the leaky roof.  It has been extremely dry here for several months so we are in dire need of this rain.  That always seems to be the case here.  To much of one and then it goes overboard the other way.  There is almost always the cost of property and quite often lives.

The tomato plants have almost quit production.  I yanked several plants up and left a few that still had some green fruit on them.  If we get much rain I expect that will split the remaining tomatoes and I will then yank the rest.  I will expand my plot and need to get that started soon.

We wanted to take a day and head down to the coast and enjoy the beach.  Earlier the red tide had been pretty bad.  If you haven't been there when that is going on, it makes it hard to breathe and makes your eyes burn.  It's a type of red algae that gives off a toxic gas.  It will kill a lot of fish and they wind up on the beach.  The smell of decaying fish along with the other issues kept us away.  Now the tides are so high it doesn't make for a good traveling with our vehicle.  Also that tropical system will hammer the beach and make for bad driving for several weeks.  We may not even get there this Fall as we have in the past.
 
Had plans to have a young boy come over this week.  He wanted me to show him how to make coin rings.  Was all ready for that and found out he is severely allergic to cats.  We have one.  Much to both our displeasure he can't come over here and take that chance.  Exposure in the past has put him in the ER, that is how severely allergic he is.  He has hit a run of really bad health issues lately.  He has just been diagnosed with juvenile onset diabetes type 2.  Such a struggle for an 11 year old.  He also has no male influence in his life so I was looking forward to being able to get him over here for some 'man time.'

Motivation is a lacking lately.  I have several things I need to do, a couple leather projects to include replacing the dog chewed cover of Kim's journal.  The firearms need a good once over too.  They have been neglected way to long.  I don't want them to fail due to neglect if I may need them.

Happy Trails 

No comments: