Thursday, October 1, 2015

Finished



Yes, the floor of the bedroom is done.  Laid the last planks mid afternoon Tuesday.  However, like so many of our 'projects,' things got larger than just painting and flooring.  Since we had moved all the furniture out we decided to reduce the amount we have in there. 




I use an old armoire that belonged to my grandmother for some of my clothes.  The creeping plague of my wife's clothes had taken over most of the closet, so the armoire was a quick solution.  This armoire is nothing special.  It was in worse shape than I had imagined when I accepted the offer to take it when my grandmother passed.  It really needed to go.  But what to do with the clothes I had in there.  That's where our project got bigger.  We took the time to go through every drawer and closet to get rid of things we just never used anymore.  We found things I would be embarrassed to say how old they are.  Older than my kids in one case.  I never knew I had so many T shirts.  Geez I think they were up to naughty behavior and reproduced in the drawers.  You know how it is, some one sees a T shirt they think you would like or you go somewhere and need one from there.  To many to be sure, and some rarely worn.  Out they went.

Now we have more room and still to much stuff, that we didn't need and should have disposed of.  All that remains is getting rid of the soreness in my butt and legs from all the bending.  I so appreciate Motrin.

Buster has gotten some sort of rash on his belly.  This happened once before.  Coincidentally or not it coincided with his walk.  The last time was when we were taking him regularly.  There must be some grass along the side of the road that he must be allergic to.  We still have a little of a steroid spray we used last time that cleared it up.  Hope we have enough.  He also gets an antihistamine, it really mellows him out.  Usually if one of us opens the door to go outside, he is right there immediately.  After the meds, he does no more than just stare at you from his bed.

My Mom has found another place she is pretty serious about.  We shall see.

Have some old friends from Tennessee coming into town this weekend. It's been at least 15 years since we last saw them.  They want to see us, but their schedule is so full we will only get to visit with them over supper on Sunday, at a restaurant.  Although the Dad will most likely head over to my house sometime Saturday ( the rest of his family arrives late that night).  I may have to remind him how great my brisket is.

Happy Trails

No comments: