Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sheesh



It's been one of those periods of time that you have so much going on and some of them just aren't the best.  The latest 'issue' is that Kim's laptop cratered.  This is the one she uses for her business.  She has backups of her files which is great, she hasn't been real regular in doing that.  So we could install her Quickbooks on my PC and she could do her thing there until we got her computer situation resolved.  One minor problem, she can't find the software to install it on mine.  I checked Intuit's website and after a couple tries I was able to determine her copy was registered, got her license key and downloaded a copy.  Sounds pretty simple but it took me several hours to get it all right.  At least we had this option and it went alright.

Her computer was taken to a friend of hers whose son is a computer guru.  He told us the operating system (windows 10) was fatally corrupted.  Hard drive is OK and he can reinstall a clean version of Windows if we get him a license key.  We would lose any other applications but would save our files.  He says there is risk involved so could replace the hard drive and them install the operating system.  I opted for keeping the current hard drive.  Whatever happens, we need this to get fixed as Kim has to get her State taxes paid by the 20th so she really needs something to work out with these computers. 

In the mean time I was moving more furniture etc. and Kim has been over at Mom's helping sort through things.  That is a job in and of itself.   That's 3 straight days of moving and even more for Kim.  Every trip is at least 30 miles one way.  There have been multiples.  I see at least 3 more trips just moving furniture one way.  Saturday may or may not involve more moving, not sure yet.  That will be determined in the afternoon when I meet my son at my Mom's.  I probably would not be going but he has a windows disk (windows 7) I need to reinstall on Kim's computer.  I would like to take advantage of him being at Mom's to get some more furniture loaded in my truck.  I would have to wait for help at home though.  We also will probably have to take apart the table that needs to come to my house just to get it out of my Mom's house.  Nothing can be really simple in all this...sheesh.

Mom is holding up pretty well, at least when I have seen her.  She does get a bit weepy at times and probably more when we are gone.  It could always be worse and I know we are blessed more than we realize.

Another week and most of the heavy lifting (pun intended) should be done.  There will be selling off of the things we haven't been able to give to family and then the actual move in to the facility and that will be most everything.  There is a light ahead.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad things are lookking up, so to speak.