Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What to do

I got an order for a small purse from a friend of Kim's.  I won't generally do something like this for various reasons.  But I could get it done relatively easily.  Not any money in it at all.  And then this happens






Can you see it?  Click on the pic to enlarge.  Oh yeah, now you see it.  Those are two small cuts I made to attach the snap that lies on the inside that holds the flap closed.  They shouldn't be there.  I screwed up.  I don't have any more of this type leather to remake this.  I don't usually have any of this leather as it is too expensive to keep just sitting around.  I could cover it with some sort of concho easily but that isn't what she wanted.  *really big sigh*.  I will deliver it anyway.  Yes the price will be seriously discounted if she takes it.  If she refuses, no big deal other than the cost of materials and time.   I can then put a concho or something on there and see if Kim can sell it at the resort.  

What happened?  I got ahead of myself and let my concentration slip.  The price you pay when you get to cocky and think you have it done easier than usual.  That momentary lapse ruined a pretty good little purse.  Been away from consistent leather work to long it appears.

On the other hand there was this





I thought this turned out really well.  That is a 2 franc Swiss coin made into a double sided ring.  A friend saw what I was doing with coins and asked if I could make a ring out of a coin she had.  What a beautiful coin it was.  Almost hated to do this but I makes a really nice ring.  I will need to see if I can find some of these coins somewhere and make a few more.

And it is even hotter here than last week.  Our mild summer has come to screeching halt.  It was 105* Monday on my patio and 106* Tuesday at 6 PM.  Supposed to be similar today.  I stay inside under the AC most of the time.  Still better than being too dang cold.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Ouch... Yeah, attention to detail does pay off... Pretty purse and ring though!