Saturday, August 29, 2015

Wally World


I'm done.  Never again to darken the doors of Walmart.  


There was a time we went there for everything.  I even kicked around the idea I might work there part-time as a greeter after I retired.  


Actually, I rarely if ever, go there anymore.  This will extend more to getting Kim to stop going there on the rare occasion.  The first time they crossed the line was several years back when they decided to stop selling the Confederate Battle Flag.  


No, that wasn't during the recent dust up.  I remember it due to other reasons.  They also thought it was a good idea to stop selling hand guns, but not the ammo.  Another reason, it was never very clean, and the employees acted as if they couldn't be bothered if you asked them for help.  Not to mention the assorted riff raff that just know the world revolves around their every action or inaction.  There is a website dedicated to the type folks I am talking about.  Yes it even happens at the Walmart that is located in the more affluent area of town.  Then they decided that having the word 'Dixie' on a product wasn't worthy.  Dixie Cups? 
Are you kidding me?  I read this somewhere else but don't know the veracity of it.  Those look really offensive don't they.  Wonder if that includes CD's by the dixie chicks.  Although that wouldn't bother me a bit.

Now there's this, they will no longer sell an AR 15.   
Other rifles are OK for some reason but that big ole bad, sinister black racist gun is a no go.  Who are the wack jobs that make those decisions for them?  I am not sure this gun ban will extend to the ammo for them.  Don't see why they wouldn't include that also.  It's just a matter of time, you can count on it.   

Yeah, I'm a let this latest bug me more than usual.  Yes, I watched the network news, shame on me.

Happy Trails.


3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Can't disagree... Bowing to political pressure will not end well, for them OR the customers.

CenTexTim said...

Isn't WalMart building a big new store near you at the corner of 281 and 46?

I don't get that way very often but the last time I passed through there was a lot of construction going on with a "WalMart coming soon" sign...

Randy said...

CenTexTim Yes, I heard it supposed to open end of Sept. We don't get up that way much either anymore since the boys graduated.