Wednesday, August 26, 2015

24 Hours Later

We have AC.  A capacitor on the outside unit had gone bad.  Looking forward to a more comfortable night.  Actually the unit came on early this morning but died again after 2 hours.  Took about an hour to get it fixed.  No cost and that is good.  It seems this contract I have has paid for itself.  That in itself is unusual.

Tried to use a Eisenhower silver dollar, the bi-centennial version 1776-1976, to make a coin ring.  What a mess.  First off it is much thicker than any I have tried yet.  I have made one from a half dollar and it turned out pretty well.  Will need to figure out something else to try.  Glad it wasn't an old silver dollar someone wanted done.  That would have been embarrassing.  






I just couldn't get that 'cone' shape to flatten anymore.  The more I tried, the bigger the size of ring I made as it worked it's way down the mandrel.  I wanted a size 10 but at this point it is a 12.  

More research and trial and error needed.

Happy Trails



3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Things are never easy, if they were, anybody could do it! Glad the AC is fixed though!

CenTexTim said...

When I was a kid we didn't have AC. Hard to imagine surviving without it now.

Stay cool...

Randy said...

Yup, I remember not having AC here in Texas. Did without it at home the first 10 years of married life too. We was too poor to afford it. Not sure how we survived.