Friday, August 28, 2015

Ebay



AC is still going strong thankfully.

I have been browsing ebay a little.  Trying to find some good looking coins to make rings out of.  The Swiss 2 Franc coin I used to make a ring for a friend is really nice.  Have had a couple inquiries about the availability of ring made from them.  I told those folks if they could find the coins I would make their ring.  Evidently they don't want one bad enough to find one.  I even directed them to ebay.  My search turned up several but they were more than I wanted to pay.  Until today.  I managed to pick up a couple pretty cheap. 

 

If those folks still want them I will make them to fit.  If not, I will make them for Kim to sell.  But I suspect Kim may decide she needs one.

While I was there browsing I came across a couple other interesting coins I may try to get if they are ever cheap enough.  I wasn't aware they were ever made.  The first one I came across was the Stone Mountain Commemorative Half Dollar.


I like this one because it's so not PC with Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.  Not sure why they left President Davis off.
 
Then there was the Texas Centennial Silver Dollar.  This one I REALLY want.  Of course I want a 1936 year since that is the actual year of the centennial.  These are very pricey, especially for someone who is not in any way a coin collector.  I think it's a really nice looking coin, and hey, it's Texas.


No, these would NOT be made into rings.

Friday I go back to Costco so they can add new programs to my hearing aids.  They have been pretty good so far.  A couple issues I have noticed that I hope they can help with.  I don't hear so well on the phone, and singing at church.  I can't hear myself with everyone else drowning me out.  Hard to tell if I am on key or not.  So I get even more quiet lol.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Those are some nice ones. Good luck with finding some that work!

Unknown said...

If you have Kirkland Signature aids they have a special program for phones. It's called telecoil.

KerryS in Carefree AZ

Randy said...

Yes I have those. Went for my two week adjustment today and they said nothing about it. Just to place the phone higher on my ear. I'll look into that next time. thanks