Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Kudos

A while back I mentioned the heat and having to irrigate the yard and showed you a photo of this bad boy






It's not the actual one I have, just one similar to mine.  I was to lazy to go take my own.  Well karma got me.  On the very next use, it decided it didn't want to 'walk' anymore.  It watered fine just no movement.  I took a look at it and I could get it to walk without the water running by spinning the arms.  But I noticed that was some significant movement in the shaft that made the worm gear not come in contact with the big drive gear you see above right in the middle.  Just Great.  I knew this may be a difficult issue to resolve.  I have NEVER seen my particular sprinkler brand anywhere ever.  I got mine from my Dad when he got a system installed in his yard.  That's just not an option for me.  It would run me near 6K or more to get this yard covered and I ain't doing it myself.  There is a limestone shelf just a few inches below what topsoil I do have.  This boy won't be digging in any rock.  

I start looking online for this brand.  Nada, just a few obscure references here and there with a few old ones available on ebay.  But I needed parts and not real sure what exactly.  One of those obscure sights talked about this brand and how they were no longer in business but another company that made another brand of sprinkler, their parts were interchangeable on some models.  I called them on the phone.  They put me in touch with a technician 'in the back' named Jerry.  I explained my issue and he knew exactly what my problem was.  He gave me a list of parts I needed and tips on how to disassemble and reassemble my sprinkler.  Didn't try to sell me something else.  Tried to save me money too.  I spent a total of 15.50.  Not bad at all, especially if it save me buying a new one right now to the tune of 150$ plus a huge shipping cost, those things weigh around 30 lbs.

Here it is in pieces


YAHOO! IT WORKS!



Jerry didn't have to help me at all with a brand of sprinkler that wasn't his brand.  He wasn't going to make much money off me just selling me a few cheap parts.  But help he did.  My hat is off to Jerry and National Walking Sprinkler Company.  Just this simple act of kindness secured a customer for life.  I will be buying new sprinkler from them next year to cover the back yard instead of moving my small sprinkler around ever so often.

Kudo's to them and their good ol' American values.  Yes, I wrote a email to the company with my compliments.   I always try to recognize good service or exceptionalism in others.  It doesn't happen near enough these days so I make it a point to do so.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

There ARE a few good service people left!!! :-) And those things ARE monsters!