Saturday, August 15, 2015

Ajustments

Thursday was our day we are allowed to water our landscape/yard.  I had repaired my walking sprinkler, or so I thought, and was ready to go.  Not so fast.  While it does a good job of watering, it needs to walk to do it's job, and that was happening.  It had worked after my repairs so I had no clue what was going on.  It turns out that the main drive gear was worn down a small amount, almost undetectable to my eyes.  It walked just fine until it got to that one spot.  I turned the mechanism by hand until it stopped at that worn spot, even then it was hard to spot.  Ordered the part and hope it gets here by next Thursday.

Went back into town again Friday, late afternoon near rush hour, much to my consternation.  Picked up and was fitted for the hearing aids I purchased.  FYI, if you wear them or are considering them, it may be worth your time to get a Costco membership in order to get your hearing aids there.  You would save soooo much cash.  FYI they only take American Express if you would use a card. 

Since these things last on the average about 5 years and the top of the line, with insurance, elsewhere can cost you over 6K for a pair.  Every 5 years?  Are you crazy?  You do the math for the next 15/20 years.  The ones I got were less than the coverage my insurance would pay.  I will submit my own claim and see if I can recoup.  If the disallow, I will still have saved a ton.

As far as how they seem to work compared to the more expensive ones I tired, it's similar.  There is still quite a bit of adjustment in what my brain is hearing.  Some of it is a bit overwhelming at times.  This keyboard is crazy loud.  Unfortunately we have wood floors and Kim's walking across them is the worst thing so far.  I feel my ears doing weird things trying to adjust.  You know that numb feeling you get at the first sound of something extremely loud and sharp you weren't expecting, like a gun shot?  Yeah, that is happening off and on with both ears.  But this is just the first couple hours, so not going to toss them yet.  They tell me it should take about 2 weeks.  The good thing is, at Costco I have 90 days and they will take them back no questions.

Happy Trails





No comments: