Sunday, August 30, 2015

How Far Have We Sunk?



I try not to pay to much attention to the presidential candidates at this point.  I pretty much know who my guy is.  Most of the rest of the jabbering they do doesn't serve any purpose for me.  But you just can't seem to escape every breath Donald Trump takes these days.  It seems he is offending some one new every day, which apparently he is good at.  Even with me avoiding network news for the most part, there is something every day on the book of faces, or the various news sights I do check.  I keep hoping he will run out of steam but he keeps going.

Well I ain't buying it.  Was curious at first but have gotten over that pretty quick.  I have no doubt that he is a huckster, a charlatan, a PT Barnum, a showman if you will, that is in it for only himself.  He has managed to buffalo a good portion of the electorate if you believe the polls.  Well, that's just what his kind do.  He has just managed to do it on the biggest stage instead of the usual smaller ones his type controls. 

Somehow he has tapped into the discontent of a large portion of the 'right.'  There is no doubt that the right is desperate to get someone elected President that they hope will save us from hillary and everything that has been done by the current occupier.  I get it, I truly do.  But have they lost their good sense in following this guy? 

I was approached by a friend that is more Libertarian than I am and wanted to know my thoughts on Trump.  We always talk about politics, we are pretty close in our thoughts.  I just tend to place greater emphasis on some issues and he on others but we agree most every where.  So when he asked about Trump, I kinda went off.  The above is pretty much what I said except with a tone of disgust.  I told him I was pretty saddened by the fact that those that have bought into Trump are that gullible.  That I couldn't believe we had fallen so far so fast as to think this wack job is a viable candidate.  Then I remembered what we have now.  SMH.  His wife asked me if I would vote if he was the candidate finally.  I told her this would probably be the first election I would sit out.  That got Romney mentioned and how he lost due to so many conservatives sitting it out.  I still wasn't buying it.  I flat out told them I still believe Trump is a liberal and is only in it for himself no one else.  He has made a mockery of everything conservatives believe and now he has gone as far to portray himself as a Bible believer.  Really?  I think most see through that, don't they?

I keep thinking he will finally blow up his chances with some other stupid move and he will be done.  It's gone a lot further than I thought it would.  I hold out hope.

OK, I'm done now.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I'm kinda like you, I think he's in it for himself... NOT for the good of the country.