Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Feds Mess Up (again)

So it seems that the Feds needed to remove some water from an old mine.  Why? Good question.  I haven't read yet why, doesn't really matter.  There was much more water than they expected.  Now we have this mess:


You can see how the pollution is heading down stream in this one.


It used to look like this:







I took these one of the times we visited there.  If you have ridden the Narrow Gauge Railroad from Durango to Silverton Colorado, that was the Animas River you saw.


That southern part of Colorado, Durango, Mesa Verde, Pagosa Springs, Wolf Creek Pass, is one of my favorite places on Earth outside Texas.  I hate seeing this happen.  I just hope no one gets sick from this screw up.

Jack Wagons.  EPA, I have thought several times that they should be abolished.  They need to be scrutinized closer at least but do you think that would ever happen with the blowhards that are in DC?

You can read more about it here.





3 comments:

Old NFO said...

That is truly sad, as I don't think they have a clue as to the damage that will be done, and I can't help but wonder if, since the work was being done FOR the EPA, anybody will be charged...

CenTexTim said...

We've ridden the Narrow Gauge RR and rafted the Animas. It's a crying shame what the EPA has done. And now it looks like the situation is even worse than initially thought. The EPA, like the IRS, State Dept. etc. is CYAing big time.

Randy said...

And it keeps getting worse as we learn more. SMH