Saturday, April 11, 2015

We're Good



Yes, we got great news at the surgeon's office yesterday.   


This is the first PSA test since my surgery.  No detectable PSA.  '0,' none, nada.  That is what we were hoping for.  Now we get sent back over to the regular Urologist for regular checks for the next 5 years. 

I have to say that I have a little regret we will be going back to him.  This is because this surgeon is probably the most cheerful and upbeat doctor I have ever been around.  I can tell he would be like this whether he was a doctor or not.  I had been told he was a 'character,' while that is certainly true, he is just a genuine good ole boy.  I could easily be friends with him and would enjoy his company even being 20 years younger than me.

We (I) will see the regular Urologist in 3 months.

The wife and I were discussing my reaction to the news and everything related to this particular doctor visit.  The way I react has changed so much over the years.  I had been a 'worrier' most of my life.  It took a long gradual length of time for that not to be true anymore.  I wasn't anxious at all about this visit other than wanting it behind me.  I was happy but not with the feeling of relief I used to generally feel with something weighty and then get good news.  Is it age?  Is it experience?  Is it perspective?  Or is it my Faith?  I believe it is a combination of all with most of the weight being given to my Faith.  I am not one to go into some long drawn out discussion on these things or even think on them much.  But, these have crossed my mind and I do consider them worthy of such.  Putting these thoughts into words is much harder than I would have thought.  I tend to ramble so I will spare you what my weak mind produces on these matters.  Your welcome.

Fellas, if you haven't had a prostate check in the last year, including the blood test, please schedule one.  You owe it to those that love you.


Happy Trails.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's great news! Congratulations!!!

CenTexTim said...

Good to hear! And I love the cartoons...

Randy said...

Thanks pards