Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Garden Progress



I am extremely happy with the progress of my garden.  There is a significant difference in my tomato plants compared to last year.  This is what it looked like at planting around March 20.

Click the big for better view.




I have no doubt it is due to the soil I hauled in and the timely rains.  When I say timely, I mean, every time I think I need to water, we get just enough rain.  This has been going on like this the past two weeks or so.  After the first rain like that, you could almost see the plants growing while you watched.  This is how it looks now.


The strawberry plants have bloomed although they haven't grown comparably to the tomato plants, I do see little strawberries and even this red one.


The battle with snails is ongoing.  There has been a significant decrease in numbers.  I see more of them right after a rain.  I found some sort of organic snail bait I am using but still check for them and remove them by hand.  No real change in my onions.  They will be pretty slow growing.


Looking forward to natures bounty.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

CenTexTim said...

The rabbits, squirrels, and birds should be coming around any day now...

Old NFO said...

+1 on Tim... time for birdshot... :-)

Randy said...

LOL the rabbits have been scarce since last fall. Buster and I actually miss seeing them. Tree Rats are another story, got my trusty new air rifle to try out on them