Thursday, April 9, 2015

Found Them



I think I found out what was feeding on my tomato blooms and my cilantro.  Snails!  Yes, pretty sure, there was one crawling around on my one cilantro plant and one on one of the tomato plants.  They are gone but I will keep an eye out for the slimy critters.  I have little to no knowledge of snails and what they eat.  But the evidence was condemning.  No, no picture of the actual miscreants but they were this type.  The shell was whiter than this one.


When I 'googled' snails I had no idea there were so many.  The ones I had are pretty common here and we see them all the time every where.  I'm glad we don't have those other monsters I saw.





There were many many more, more than I have wanted to know about.

If you know how to keep these out of a garden please, let me know.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sorry, I've not a clue... And that is a pretty header pic!

CenTexTim said...

As in many other instances, beer comes to the rescue.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Beer-to-Get-Rid-of-Snails-in-Your-Garden

My father used a shallow tray, but he didn't have a thirsty dog to worry about.

Randy said...

Old NFO, thanks

Centextim, that wouldn't survive long here lol