Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hill Country Trip

Monday we hit the road for a few hours.  It is the peak of the Bluebonnet season here in Texas.  It's just one of those 'Texas' things.  You will see whole families on the side of the road looking and taking pictures. 

You will also see 'city folks' do some incredibly dumb things because they are so focused on the scenery.  You always have to watch for suddenly slowing traffic or totally stopped in the middle of the road, for no apparent reason.  People walking casually along taking pictures with not a care in the world, in the middle of the road.  Not to mention the trespassing.  I don't think the city folk understand how serious it is to trespass out in the sticks.  But hey wait, there are some Bluebonnets I need to walk in over that fence.

These are a few of my photos of the day.  Since it was a bit overcast I took the liberty of doing some HDR to these to bring out the colors.  Tried to make them as natural as I could but I still get a little overboard on it a bit.  Be sure and click on each to get the FULL size, it's worth it.













The last one is my back yard, can you see my lone Bluebonnet under the windmill?

Happy Trails



2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

We did the same thing on Monday, but my pictures didn't come out nearly as good as yours. We also didn't see thick clusters of flowers like you did. We went up 281 to Burnet and then looped back around to Johnson City. Where'd you go?

Randy said...

Marble Falls to Kingsland over to Llano down to Willow City Loop. SH 16 was as good as I have ever seen it.