Saturday, April 18, 2015

Open Carry in Texas

I didn't think it would happen.  Regardless of what the perception of others is of Texas, there are a lot of libtards here that still make life, shall we say interesting.

In Texas, the Lt. Governor wields as much or more power than the Governor.  He presides over the senate and can prevent legislation from even being considered. The Governor has stated he WILL sign any open carry bill that comes to his desk.  The senate and the house have both passed an open carry bill.  There are differences in each that will have to be worked out before heading to the Governors desk.

There had also been a movement for constitutional carry.  The Lt. Governor had opposed this and would not allow it to come to a vote.  I assume that this open carry bill was a compromise to get less restrictive legislation.

I don't know what all is in the bill, I know that there will be restrictions.  So it won't be a true 'open carry' like those that fear we are returning to the days of shoot outs on the streets fear.  How this bill will work with current CHL license holders I haven't seen yet either.  I will not be walking around with a gun showing on my hip at any time anyway.  I think that would just ask for unwanted attention.  One person said he would be able to walk around his house/yard with a gun in the open without worry.  I have never felt the need to carry at home.  Some have told me they just want to be able to exercise their constitutional rights.  I have no argument with that.  In fact I agree with it, anything that makes it harder for the Feds to grab our rights I'm for.  However, I don't agree with those folks that walk around with their rifles, the militant open carry advocates, that just like to bait the police.  It seems we have more than our share of those here in Texas.  This just hurts our rights more than helps IMHO.

Interesting times in Texas.

Happy Trails.




2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, I want to see how this plays out... I think y'all have had some false flags in play out there doing stupid things on purpose.

Anonymous said...

You can already walk around your own property open or concealed without a CHL. But not on the sidewalk. We should get what we can this year then try for more in 2017.