Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tree Rats

We went into town to wait with family and friends during a surgery, knee replacement.  Went rather quickly, much shorter than I expected.  Everything went well.  My Mom is one of those I have mentioned that needed surgery this week.  We are trying to get her to let us come get her and Dad so they won't have to deal with the drive there and after.  I don't like to see him trying to drive home in rush hour traffic, or any traffic for that matter, after her surgery.  But she is resisting that train of thought. 

While in town ran a few errands.  One of which was to look at some flooring for our bedroom.  We had been considering installing a laminate wood floor, then started looking a vinyl plank flooring.  Some of that looks more like wood than wood.  Kim had been seeing advertisements from one place so we drove over and had a look see.  Found some really great looking vinyl, the best we have seen.  The price turned out to be more than what wood would have been, anywhere from double to 5 times as much from things we have seen and liked of wood.  The advantages of vinyl over wood don't out weight the costs to me.  It would be in an area that doesn't get that much wear and tear.  Other than looks that no one will see but us I deem it a no go.  We had been happy with some that was MUCH cheaper before Kim saw this.   Almost wish we hadn't gone there.  

Did some checking on my little garden.  Found a strawberry plant uprooted and laying on it's side.  Apparently whatever was trying to get to it was foiled by the netting I had laying loosely over the top.  A more permanent solution will need to be developed that will also allow ease of access.  It also added to my feeling the need for a new air rifle.  Dang Tree Rats I suspect.

Posting may be a bit sporadic this week due to several things needing to be dealt with, in the mean time........

Happy Trails Pard's

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Ah yes Tree Rats and spring... sigh