Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Road Trip



Probably not in the sense you think.  I have been really itching to get out and make a run to Cabela's.  They have a sale on a few things I am wanting.  One being ammo.  Can never have to much, especially the 5.56 variety now that is has come under attack by our gubmint.  Yes, I will add to the 'hysteria' and stock up.  Want a new lantern also.  We get more than our share of power failures and my lantern is done.  But the weather hasn't been cooperating lately and it is supposed to get worse Thursday.  I think we will go Wednesday before more of the predicted ice and snow hits again.

I have also been interested in an air rifle.  One of the higher end adult rifles.
 

Not the Daisy we all grew up with, this is the one I had till I wore it out many many years after I got it. 


I can get my hands on them at Cabela's for a look see.  I have several intentions for it.  One is just plinking, another is the squirrels that have invaded this area.  We didn't have any here when we moved here.  Now that it is more populated we have a lot of those tree rats.  They will be in my garden but they will be risking their lives if they do.  We had an invasion of Grackles last Spring.  If you are familiar with them you know the mess they bring if they like the area and decide to stick around.  Not good. 

  
There are so many air rifles out there now deciding on a good accurate rifle can be daunting reading the reviews.  They all have their drawbacks and they are different for every user.  Some have the same issues across the board and those I will avoid.  It is very confusing and time consuming trying to get informed.  Some of the names of the models are so close you are not sure if it is the same one you read about before.  All the ones I have researched are American companies, but are made in China.  Not something I like at all.  Still need to research more to find out if any are still made in the USA.  From what is looks like I will probably get one from an online company.  Most in the stores are models made for the store itself.  Probably not as good the same model but with a different name from what I am reading.  This will take a while.  If you have knowledge of these please share it with me.

I have been trying to decide what all I should plant in my little garden plot.  Tomatoes are a given.  We came across some strawberry plants and bought a few along with some 1015Y onions.  




 I am really wanting to get them in the ground.  But it has been pretty soggy around here for a week at least.  The first dry patch of weather will see me planting those and shopping around for tomato plants.  Getting the right combos of veggies and fruits is going to be trial and error this first year.  Production, concerns about what to do with any extra and not let it waste.  Still haven't convinced Kim that we may want to learn to can items.  Friends and family will most likely benefit from any extras.  

Happy Trails.

No comments: