Monday, March 23, 2015

Progress



The rain we got at the end of last week woke things up out in the garden.  The tomato plants grew a little bit and some have put on blooms.  The onion I planted had not done a thing since I planted them, they looked dormant.  Not any more, they have greened up nicely.  Same for the strawberries, nothing much was happening, until now, not a lot but I can see a change since Friday.  No pictures, I don't think the changes would even show up,

I have had gardens in the past, but they have never been real productive here.  The soil is mostly rock, so I had given up.  Putting this garden above ground was a new try and it appears the soil I hauled in may be pretty good.  Don't ever remember getting blooms on the tomatoes this early.  I am already considering expanding the garden to double it's current size.  That's just no like me.  But it's not 100+ degrees yet either.  Did I ever mention I HATE weeding gardens/flower beds?  Ain't gonna happen in that kind of heat.  So I took measures to reduce weed growth.  Hopefully it works.

Another close friend has surgery tomorrow, a very lengthy one all the way on the other side of town.  I might be able to get there for a short time.  Unfortunately I have a delivery scheduled that must be signed for that same day.  Not sure what happens if you aren't there.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the garden, and I hope the friend's surgery goes well!