Monday, March 16, 2015

Prayers

There are so many of my friends and family that are currently scheduled for some type of surgery, or are ill, it is almost overwhelming.  Kim and I try to be there for as many surgeries as we can.  We don't want someone to have to sit through a surgery alone, when we can at least come down and be some sort of support or run get coffee for someone, just be there.  It's not a lot but I know it is appreciated.  I am glad there were those that were there for Kim during my turn on the table.  I haven't been able to do this since my surgery, but that is becoming more possible each day.  This week there are 3 that I can remember at the moment not to mention others that have some type of serious doctor appointment coming up.  There are more that are in the near future.  The list is long and growing.  There are a lot of people hurting, and these are just the ones I know of.

At times like this I have turned more to prayer than ever.  The Bible tells us 'the prayers of a righteous man availeth much.'  I find that I pray sporadically.  It certainly is not something I am proud of, in fact I am ashamed.  But when times get really hard, prayer has always been my 'go to.'  I know it works, I've seen the results.  It may not always be the answer we want, but it will be what we need.  You can be sure I will be praying much.  

I know there are many that have their doubts or simply don't believe.  It's their loss, and I pray for them.  

Happy Trails


No comments: